Thursday, January 9, 2014

Pooh's Little Instruction Book by Joan Powers (with a lot of help from Milne and Shepard)

Size doesn't matter.

At least not on Thursdays.

My schedule before I get home is a bit long on Thursdays, so you can expect to see shorter books in general on these days. Today the book I chose to read was some advice from a not-so-humble, silly ol' bear. I chose it in honor of one of my best friends (who I know is always there even when we don't actively communicate) who recently sent me this awesome gift:


Naturally, I'm checking for spiders.

Anyway, I wanted to see if I could glean any good life advice from Pooh Bear.


My favorite two tidbits:
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
Nobody can be un-cheered with a balloon.
Words to live by. Honestly, the sayings in this book--with all of their implied metaphors--are great if you want to think deeply about how children's literature can help instill ideas, emotions, and societal norms in children. Some of them will also make you smile.

~7/10~

No comments:

Post a Comment