Thursday, January 30, 2014

Crucible of Gold by Naomi Novik

Finished a bit late today, but I finally read the second-to-last book in the Temeraire series. It should be called "A Series of Unlucky Mishaps that Almost Get Temeraire and Laurence Killed." But I suppose any of the books could bear that title. Crucible of Gold works, too.


This was definitely a solid read. Something about the tone seemed different to me than the first six books, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Perhaps as Novik grows weary of writing this series, so too does Laurence grow older and weary of all of these damned exploits. I keep thinking, "When will they get to settle down already?!"

Obviously the best thing about this book is the rash of awkward romances. From teenagers to young dragons, spring is in the air! No spoilers, but I totally called it!

~8/10~


No comments:

Post a Comment