Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Goddess with a Blade by Lauren Dane

So I haven't been driving due to the weather, and had to resort to reading things that were lying around the house that I honestly had no intention of ever reading. That's my disclaimer for this one...



Okay, one look at this cover and you know what you're getting: smut. Pure smut. I was prepared for that, but I had hopes that it would at least be good smut. Nope. I think very little of any writer who resorts to talking about "sex chemicals" during a sex scene.

Past that, I thought, maybe--just maybe--there would be some clever plot twist at the end. It really wouldn't have been that hard to accomplish. And honestly, a twist was what I expected. What I got was the bitter disappointment of a vampire serial killer being exactly what and who it seemed.

And who in their right mind thinks they can tackle vampire serial killers, mob-like vampire-human rivalries, a goddess-vessel relationship, the ignorant-human-bff-with-the-shitty-girlfriend support scenario, an old school club-owning gangster vamp, and a crazy wisdom-doling taxidermist cab driver... in less than 300 pages! Ridiculous.

And sex chemicals?! Really?! I've read worse, but only just.

~3/10~

No comments:

Post a Comment