Saturday, January 25, 2014

After Dark by Gena Showalter and Kait Ballenger

This book is proof that people will read anything nowadays. I think I got this as a free gift when I purchased some other paranormal romances. Free gifts are NOT WORTH IT.


This is two stories in one pretty normal-sized paperback, and while they aren't the worst paranormal romance stories in the world, they're definitely not good. The premise of story number one was okay. I actually was interested in knowing more about the different immortals and their functions. Story number two was about vampire hunters. Been there, done that. Blah.

Writing was okay. Characters were flat. Sex was surprisingly boring. And there wasn't really any interesting substance to the plots other than the sexual attraction of the characters. It was like trudging through a street filled with molasses, getting to the end and having the molasses disappear, and having no support, cheer squad, or hot shower at the end. I felt like my effort to enjoy this book was futile.

This time, I swear, this really is the last two-bit paranormal romance I'm reading. Never again!

~4/10~

No comments:

Post a Comment