Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Tempted by a Warrior by Amanda Scott

I really liked that last Amanda Scott book I read, so I thought maybe I might have found a new romance novelist. But alas, this one did not live up to my expectations.

This one is about a pregnant young Scottish woman held captive by her circumstances. She's married to a cruel, abusive laird who mysteriously goes missing. And her father-in-law suspects that she's responsible for his son's murder.


So he makes his nephew--who is next in line to inherit--come out to investigate. (Naturally, he suspects him of being a murderer, too. Why not?)

The ornery old man dies and the new laird and lady slowly (but obviously) fall in love.

There was just way too much going on in this one. Too complicated. Too unlikely.

~5/10~

No comments:

Post a Comment