Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Rick Steves' Pocket Barcelona by Rick Steves with Gene Openshaw and Cameron Hewitt

I became a fan of the Rick Steves empire when I used a pocket language book to help me learn some basic Italian and German a few years ago. The book I used at the time was really helpful and easy to use while traveling. I'm thinking about doing some traveling again and spotted this cute guide to Barthelona (yeah, that's right, I just added a lisp in writing).


This did not disappoint! I don't know how the Rick Steves team does it, but they're really good at putting together user-friendly travel guides. I have actually been to Barcelona, so I was able to verify some of the information and really appreciate how he put together his "walks." I also was delighted to find that he had great suggestions of places I hadn't been, and their descriptions and directions seemed pretty self-explanatory.

Furthermore, you know you feel vindicated when a travel "expert" gives attractions a similar ranking as you. I will certainly never go back up in that Columbus statue, and it doesn't seem that Steves would either. So there!


On the other hand, I would wait days to see the Sagrada Familia again! I am so in awe of what one man and his legacy have been able to accomplish.

I have a friend who will be visiting Spain soon. I should give her this book; maybe it will entice her to take a detour to Catalunya while there so she, too, can experience the magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment